Strategy System and Analysis
Extra questions from Textbook
1. What components does an information system need? Explain each.
2. What are the four organizational levels common to many businesses? Which level typically requires data that supports long-term strategic planning and the overall business enterprise? What level of worker might rely heavily on transaction processing systems?
3. Describe the six steps in a typical preliminary investigation. Why should an analyst be careful when using the word problem?
4. Suppose you own a travel agency in a large city. You have many corporate clients, but growth has slowed somewhat. Some long-term employees are getting discouraged, but you feel that there might be a way to make technology work in your favor. Use your imagination and do a SWOT analysis: Suggest
at least one strength, one weakness, one opportunity, and one threat that your business faces.
5. Explain the differences between a Gantt chart and a PERT/CPM chart.
6. Why is the critical path important? Why would a task be on the critical path?
7. What are JAD and RAD, and how do they differ from traditional fact-finding
methods? What are the main advantages of team-based methods?
8. What is a functional decomposition diagram (FDD) and why would you use
one? Explain how to create an FDD.
9. How would you explode DFDs?
10. Describe a data dictionary and list the types of information it contains.
11. Some systems analysts find it better to start with a decision table, and then
construct a decision tree. Others believe it is easier to do it in the reverse order.
Which do you prefer?
12. What is object-oriented analysis, and what are some advantages of this method?
13. A debate is raging at the IT consulting firm where you work. Some staff members believe that it is harder for experienced analysts to learn object modeling techniques, because the analysts are accustomed to thinking about data and processes as separate entities. Others believe that solid analytical skills are easily transferable and do not see a problem in crossing over to the newer approach. What do you think, and why?
14. What are three typical reasons why companies develop their own information systems?
15. Explain the relationship between logical and physical design.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.