Implementing healthcare delivery connected to strategy
- To learn about implementing healthcare delivery connected to strategy, read in Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare:
- Chapter 10: Strategic Planning and Post-acute Care Services
- Chapter 11: Strategic Planning in Health Systems
- Chapter 12: Pay for Performance and the Healthcare Value Paradigm
- Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation with relevant graphics titled “Strategy Issues in Healthcare Delivery” and address the following concepts:
- As Warren Buffet stated, “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” Does this apply to pay for performance approaches to physician compensation? Present a few thoughts on pros and cons of physician pay for performance compensation.
- The number of hospitals in the U.S. has only marginally increased since 1999, however, the number of hospitals affiliated with systems has increased significantly (Harrison, 2016).
- Review the discussion of hospital mergers and acquisitions in Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, pages 214-215. Communicate how mergers and acquisitions may be changing the face of healthcare delivery within the nation. How do these changes impact the day-to-day work of hospital employees?
- Read Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, pages 218-220. Discuss the importance of strategic planning at the health system level in the merger and acquisition environment. How might system-level leaders effectively engage in these planning processes?
- Dr. Debra Harrison stated, “In a culture where there is trust, respect and a moral foundation, the young can grow and the elderly thrive.” How does the network of post-acute care services illustrated in Exhibit 10.1 demonstrate a system supportive of growth and thriving across the generations?
Review the healthcare quality discussion from Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare (pages 234-242) and discuss quality assurance approaches presently taken within your own healthcare organization
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Strategic Planning in Health Systems
Just from $13/Page