3 pages essay about strategies commonly used by activists who participated in the social movements of the 1960s. for more details read the instruction.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Social movements of the 1960s.
Just from $13/Page
Below is a list of strategies commonly used by activists who participated in the social movements of the 1960s. Choose at least 1 strategy from the list below and discuss how one movement used the strategy to affect change. For guidance, please be sure to read Chapter 26, 27, and Chapter 28.
- Legal Strategies
- Nonviolent Direct Action (Includes Sit Ins; Bus boycotts and Freedom Rides; Desegregating lunch counters)
- Legislating Civil Rights
- Self Determination (See For a definition of self determination see Summary at the end of Chap. 26. )Includes Black Nationalism/ Black Power; The Young Lords; The Chicano Movement; AIM;
- Raising Feminist Consciousness; Black and Chicana Feminism ; John Olson Women’s Rights March (Document 27-3)
- Stonewall and Gay and Lesbian Movement
Make sure that you discuss the extent to which the strategy was successful. Your essay should include specific examples to support your points and use the names of key figures, organizations, laws, legislative acts, and marches when you refer to them. ((((if you need any of those documents let me know))))
An “A” essay will:
- Devote adequate attention to each of the two strategies discussed.
- Stay focused on one specific movement (women’s rights, gay rights, black civil rights, etc.)
- Include references to key figures, organizations, and laws etc. and refer to them correctly by name.
- Demonstrate that the student understands the strategy being discussed (and how it was different from similar strategies).
- Include specific examples of how these strategies were used.
- Discuss the extent to which these strategies were or were not successful.
- Show evidence proofreading
- Have effective organization