For your Final Essay Examination, you will respond to Three of the Five questions presented below. This exam covers the required readings and videos in Modules 5–8. Be sure to complete all the assigned readings and discussions on the Learning and Assessment Activities page before you begin this examination.
Upon completion of this activity, you will be able to:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Explain how the Internet and social media play a significant role in recruiting and radicalizing lone-wolf and leaderless terrorists.
Just from $13/Page
- Distinguish the key differences between legal and ethical or moral issues in combating domestic terrorism
- Explain the underlying factors that contribute to transnational terrorism
- Examine the issues regarding the use of The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA) by government agents.
- Discuss the research findings regarding mental-illness in lone-wolf terrorists compared to leaderless terrorists
- The role of the Internet in perpetuating lone-wolf and leaderless terrorism
Keep the following in mind when completing this final essay examination:
- When developing your answers, remember, you must include cited facts to support the major points and statements in your response. Your responses should not include continuous quotations without your thoughts and analysis, as well. Rather, your responses must reflect a balance between facts and your perspective on the points you made.
- Your responses to each of the examination questions should be a minimum of one page (300 words) and a maximum of two pages in length, double-spaced, and written in 12-point Times New Roman.
- Include the question you are responding to immediately before each answer.
- Include a title/cover page with your name and assignment.
- Just a reminder: Include appropriate cited references and format them in the American Psychological Association (APA) writing style (6th edition).
- Submit your exam in one MS Word document and place it in the appropriate assignment drop box for grading.
- Your submission is due by the end of Module 8
Questions, Choose Three of Five:
- What legal and ethical policies and procedures do you think law enforcement officials should implement when responding to domestic terrorism. Consider whether they are consistent with a democratic government’s legal and ethical responsibilities? Explain how these legal and ethical measures are different?
- Describe and explain which particular characteristics unite the transnational movement.
- Explain the issues regarding law enforcement’s use of the FISA court is blurring the lines between the intelligence gathering efforts of domestic and international terrorist groups.
- Describe the various research finding regarding the differences between lone-wolf and leaderless terrorists, and whether their behavior may be directly influenced by their mental condition.
- Explain how the Internet and social media play a significant role in recruiting and radicalizing lone-wolf and leaderless terrorists.