1. Long-term, heavy drinking can lead to permanent impairment of memory. What type of toxicity is this (acute or chronic; physiological or behavioural)?
2. What two kinds of data were recorded by the DAWN system? Why did the U.S. government discontinue this program, and what replaced it?
3. Why have HIV and HCV been of particular concern for users of illicit drugs?
1. Comment on Canada’s new initiative for harm reduction. Do harm reduction strategies promote drug use?
2. The French term laissez-faire is used to describe what type of relationship between a government and its people?
3. What three major concerns about drugs contributed to the creation and development of laws controlling their availability?