The purpose of this reflection is to apply cultural awareness to communication in practice.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
“Caught in the middle”
Just from $13/Page
This discussion reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO 2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO 3)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT in Week 2.
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed.
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection.
As nurses, we work with patients, providers and healthcare team members whose native language is not English. This diversity may lead to challenges with communication and the nurse being “caught in the middle.” Consider how to apply cultural awareness to nursing practice.
- Reflect on how to apply cultural awareness to communication in your current clinical practice.
- Share an example of miscommunication that occurred as a result of this diversity and whether an adverse outcome resulted.
- Describe how the miscommunication could have been and will be prevented in the future.
To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.