For this assignment, refer to the two articles listed in this weeks reading assignment, ‘Teacher professional learning communities: going beyond contrived congeniality toward challenging debate and collegial learning and professional growth’ and ‘Using student assessment to improve teaching’. Then, write a short paper on ‘teacher reflective practice’ addressing the following:
Submit a paper which is 2-3 pages in length, exclusive of the reference page, double-spaced using 12 point, Times New Roman font. The paper must be well written and cite at least 2 outside sources in APA format. Check all content for grammar, spelling and to be sure that you have properly cited all resources (in APA format) used.
Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a free website that provides excellent information and resources for understanding and using the APA format and style. The OWL website can be accessed here: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
Papers will be assessed using this rubric. https://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/1548266/mod_workshop/instructauthors/5440WA7-Rubric.pdf
1. Assessing your teaching effectiveness. (n.d.). British Columbia Institute of Technology. https://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_teacheffect.pdf
2. Bovell, M. (2014, February 4). Using student assessment to improve teaching. Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER). https://rd.acer.org/article/using-student-assessment-to-improve-teaching
3. DuFour, R. (2014). What is a professional learning community? Educational Leadership. http://www.allthingsplc.info/files/uploads/DuFourWhatIsAProfessionalLearningCommunity.pdf
4. Marshall, K. (2018). In praise of assessment (done right). Marshallmemo. https://marshallmemo.com/articles/Assessment%20March%202018.pdf
5. Owen, S. (2014). Teacher professional learning communities: going beyond contrived congeniality toward challenging debate and collegial learning and professional growth. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, 54,(2), pp 54-77. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1033925.pdf
6. Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind. (2006). Western and Northern Canadian Protocol for Collaboration in Education. https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/assess/wncp/full_doc.pdf
7. Timperley, H. (2009) Using assessment data for improving teaching practice. Research Conference. Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER). https://research.acer.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1036&context=research_conference
1. Classwatchuk. (2012, March 22). Self-evaluation and training of teachers – improving the quality of teaching in schools & colleges [Video]. YouTube. (3:13) https://youtu.be/RCZai6fSeRE
2. Rose Garofano. (2014, March 28). Teacher reflective practice [Video]. YouTube. (3:53) https://youtu.be/0glFJMYv1JY
3. Solution Tree. (2014, May 31). Using common formative assessments to help teachers reflect on their practice [Video]. YouTube. (8:49) https://youtu.be/FldnHUgjTcM
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.