In the role of consultant to the organization described in part one, prepare a paper (10 to 12 pages) proposing an organizational change based on the following information:
1. Summarize the main points of one of the “classic readings” from the Shafritz & Ott text.
2. Define the key concepts from the reading and explain the major principles.
3. Apply what you have learned to an organization with which you are familiar to illustrate your points.
As well as:
1. Identify and describe an organizational challenge for your selected organization that we discussed this semester that needs a solution. Identify, define, and explain the key elements of the challenge you selected. Your explanations should be in your own words with examples of how these concepts are exhibited in the organization you selected.
2. Analyze the challenge: Its origin and duration. How does it manifest itself? Its negative effects on the organization. How expansive are its reach (Clients, Staff, Board)? What does the literature say about the challenge you have identified?
3. Propose an organizational change or changes that would alleviate the above challenge.
4. Indicate steps to be taken (the process), to alleviate the challenge and the time frame to be used.
5. Suggest how and when the proposed change could be evaluated.