1. List the three basic types of analog modulation, and describe the differences among them.
2. What is the difference between shift keying and modulation?
3. Using Shannon’s Theorem, explain why practical amplitude modulation systems keep the carrier near maximum strength.
4. Search the Web and find a constellation diagram for 32QAM. How many points are defined in each quadrant?
1. In the previous question, why are four wires preferable?
2. What are the four basic types of multiplexing?
3. Give an example of multiplexing in a non-electronic communications system.
4. What is a guard band?