Risk Assessment 775 words
- How can you best utilize risk assessment?
- How can you leverage the information from risk assessments to improve an individual’s chance of avoiding recidivism?
- Are there any disadvantages to using risk assessments?
For this assignment, you are the court intake processor at a federal court where you handle offender intake. You have been
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Write a word report
Just from $13/Page
assigned to write a 700- to 1,050-word report assessing different risk assessment methodologies.
Specifically, your paper should do the following:
- Select two risk assessment methodologies to analyze: one risk assessment methodology for intake process and a different risk assessment methodology for reentry into society.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the risk assessment methodology related to the intake process. Consider the following question in your paper:
- How does the methodology look at risks related to the offender such as sex, age, criminal history, substance abuse, and behavior health needs?
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of the risk assessment methodology related to reentry into society. Consider the following questions in your paper:
- How does the methodology look at family situations?
- How does the methodology look at employment possibilities?
- How does the methodology look at services such as health care and mental health and housing?
Cite at least 2 resources using APA format.