Sponsorship, Corporate Partnerships, and the Role of Activation
Citation Required after Every Response
1. Select a prominent company involved in sport marketing sponsorship activities. What sort of objectives the company may establish before entering into partnerships, based on the objectives listed in this chapter. Review some of the company’s current activities and events related to sport sponsorships and determine, based on the criteria selected, whether that sponsorship is meeting those objectives. Why or why not?
2. You are the director of corporate partnerships from an athletics department or local professional team determine what inventory is part of sponsorship agreements and how they price their sponsorship packages.
4. Today, many sponsors seek partners who offer measurement tools and metrics to gauge the effectiveness of the partnership. Companies such as Turkey Intelligence, IEG, and Navigate Marketing specialize in measuring sponsorship effectiveness. Research the work of such companies and explain how they attempt to determine the return on investment of a particular sponsorship.
5. Nike is referred to as a company involved in ambush marketing. Explain ambush marketing and provide an example, other than Nike, of a company involved in such activities.
6. Imagine that you are employed by a marketing agency to provide hospitality for the clients of a large international courier service at a prestigious international sporting event (e.g., FIFA World Cup). What factors would you consider when planning your schedule of activities?