Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 600–700 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Choose 2 non-recursive sorting algorithms that you have read about in the text or in the supplemental resources. Discuss (compare and contrast) the time complexities and space complexities of each algorithm. Complete the following:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Discuss (compare and contrast) the time complexities and space complexities of each algorithm
Just from $13/Page
- Provide the non-recursive logic (pseudocode) for each algorithm.
- From the algorithm logic, derive expressions for the “worst case” runtime and space required by the algorithm in terms of n where n is the size of data to be sorted. Specifically, for time complexity, count the number of steps for each line of code, and write down the total lines executed as a mathematical expression t(n) where n is the size of the input array. For space complexity, write an expression for the number of memory locations and components that are required for algorithm in the worst case.
- Justify your answers: How did you arrive at these expressions?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of 100–200 words about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.