1. Provide a brief history of the Internet describing when and how it was started.
2. What is packet-switching, and why is packet switching relevant to the Internet?
3. What is a communication protocol? Conceptually, what two aspects of communication does a protocol specify?
4. What is interoperability, and why is it especially important in the Internet?
1. What is a protocol suite, and what is the advantage of a suite?
2. List the layers in the TCP/IP model, and give a brief explanation of each.
3. Describe the TCP/IP layering model, and explain how it was derived.
4. List major standardization organizations that create standards for data communications and computer networking