1. What is meant by the “front end” and the “back end” of a DBMS?
2. What is data mining? What is OLAP? How are they different?
3. In what circumstances might a database administrator consider using an object-oriented database?
1. What is the difference between projecting and joining?
2. What is a distributed database system?
3. What is a data warehouse, and how is it different from a traditional database used to support OLTP?
1. How can a data dictionary be useful to database administrators and DBMS software engineers?
2. Identify important characteristics in selecting a database management system
3. What is the difference between a data definition language (DDL) and a data manipulation language (DML)?