1. How do the SSRIs differ from the older tricyclics in terms of their actions in the brain?
2. What were two of the three reasons it took so long for lithium to be available for use?
3. If clozapine is so dangerous, why is it prescribed at all?
4. Why was Prozac the most widely prescribed antidepressant drug ever marketed?
1. Besides sadness, what are some other indicators of a major depressive episode?
2. What type of drug is chlorpromazine, and where was it first tested on patients?
3. What is tardive dyskinesia, and how does it respond to a reduction in the dose of an antipsychotic drug?
4. Which type of drug was discovered while testing an antituberculosis agent?