1. What evidence is there that passive smoking can harm nonsmokers?
2. What are the effects of smoking during pregnancy?
3. Nicotine acts through which neurotransmitter in the brain? How does it interact with this neurotransmitter?
4. What is the evidence as to why cigarette smoking produces such strong dependence?
1. Why was nicotine named after Jean Nicot?
2. What techniques have been used to produce “safer” cigarettes?
3. About what proportion of 15- to 19-year-olds are smokers in Canada?
4. What is the significance of tobacco-specific nitrosamines?
5. What are the major causes of death associated with cigarette smoking?